Search the spaces of parched

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Strange but awesome find today.

So I found this in my back yard here at Muncie. Due to my powerful nature skills I know it's a rare mushroom that is considered a delicacy. It's known as the Morel mushroom. They demand high prices at farmers markets around the world. Restaurant chefs are always eager to put this rare, nutrient filled and delicious tasting mushroom on their menu.

What makes them so rare is their growing pattern is a complete mystery, often baffling even the greatest wizards of the forest. For some strange reason they never grow when attempted to be commercially grown and are only found by wandering established wooded territory, or in my case, my own backyard in the triple digit hypersphere of Muncie. Bizarre....

So here is how to eat em' They are extremely easy to prepare.


Soak in salt water to get rid of any bugs.
(you can see some little bastards swimming away in the bottom center)

Here is all the stuff you need.
Cut in half and batter with eggs and flour.
Put in hot butter to fry.

Fry in butter till they are brown


Eat
Tasted like a country fried steak with the texture of calamari. I was amazed how good it tasted. If you ever get the chance to try one, I would take up the offer, as they are extremely delicious.

10 comments:

Staudly said...

props. interesting shit

oifish said...

Interesting. Not gonna lie, I'd probably never eat any mushroom I find in my back yard hah.

Javier said...

sweet action post

HammyBiscuits said...

james is a mega pussy. solid post

Staudly said...

and I said SHIITT x1000

Laura Merz said...

dude was an idiot x 1000 [just kidding :)]

JoehasHUGEballs said...

sounds pretty GAY...

Buzz's Girlfriend said...

This was a hilarious and interesting post. Loved the step by step!

Daniel said...

eh, beats studying for finals.

Tricia said...

I jsut got educated.